BILLING FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Do you bill insurance?
- Yes, we bill all insurances including out-of-country insurances.
Do you participate with any insurance companies?
- We only participate with Medicare and Medicaid. We are non-network providers for all other insurance companies.
You said you were billing my insurance, why am I still receiving a statement?
- You will continue to receive a monthly statement until your account is paid in full.
How long does it take for an insurance claim to be processed?
- Usually insurance claims are processed in one to one and a half months. We highly recommend that you follow up with your insurance company to check the status of your claim as we do not follow up unless we determine there might be a problem.
May I pay my bill with a credit card?
- Yes, we accept VISA and Mastercard. You can pay by credit card simply clicking here.
I have Blue Cross/Blue Shield insurance, why did I receive a payment for my ambulance transport?
- As we are a non-network provider for Blue Cross/Blue Shield, the payment check is issued to the patient, as is all other correspondence, and not to us as the provider. You will need to make payment to Eagle County Health Service District yourself.
I do not have insurance and I do not know how I am going to pay my bill. Can you help me?
- Yes, we are willing to work with you and set up a monthly payment schedule or make other payment arrangements. Please contact us so that we may set this up.