Eagle County Paramedic Services (ECPS) is seeking an experienced HR Manager to join our staff and help fulfill our mission of providing skilled, professional and compassionate healthcare to our community. You will be a one-person HR Department, performing an essential function for our District.
Our team is not only highly skilled and professional but also has a passion for what we do: Serving the community by providing world-class, out-of-hospital care. This is an often fast-paced, sometimes stressful job that requires critical thinking skills and a level head. We value integrity in all we do, excellence and advocacy in patient care and professionalism at all times.
If you’re ready to start your career at ECPS, peruse the description below and submit your resume. We’re looking forward to meeting you.
What you need to be successful:
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills to make recommendations to executive leadership. You should be a strategic thinker who can also dive in to get the work done: You tell us what we should be doing or thinking about from a HR perspective over the next 3, 6, 12, 18 months. We want you to bring ideas to the table and be able to execute those ideas with little direction.
- A commitment to customer service, high ethical standards and best-in-class HR support
- Approachability: We have employees in various stations working 24/7; you know how to be available and approachable in multiple platforms.
- A go-getter mentality, positive and energetic attitude and a desire to go above and beyond
- The ability to handle multiple priorities, maintain organization and provide excellent follow through
- Flexibility and the ability to work independently and maintain confidentiality
- Technological savvy
How we’ll keep you busy:
Employee, Legal, Compliance:
- Provide support in all Employee Relations matters
- Continually review and provide recommendations to executive management to improve the District’s policies, procedures and practices.
- Continually evaluate efficiency of the HR function, providing recommendations of new approaches, gaps or opportunities to address, or policies/procedures to implement.
- Provide recommendations and coaching to supervisory staff on performance/ team management
- Work directly with management staff to create performance development plans
- Assist executive management in annual review, preparation and administration of District’s wage and salary program, revising as needed.
- Maintain knowledge of HR trends and legal updates and guidelines to provide recommendations to District Leadership as needed to ensure District’s compliance
- Communicating changes in District’s policies and procedures to ensure understanding and compliance
- Create and facilitate HR training, identifying and making recommendations of training topics based on new legislation, industry trends, needs of the District and interactions with staff.
- Participate in staff, management and board meetings.
- Provide strategic recommendations for design of benefits package, evaluating needs of the District, staff participation and engagement and current trends in the marketplace.
- Maintain expert knowledge of current benefits offerings; collaborate, develop and implement benefits communication and outreach efforts to ensure staff understand current offerings and drive participation and engagement.
- Manage annual enrollment and enrollment of new hires, communicating benefits offerings and providing assistance as needed.
- Serve as point-of-contact with benefits partners.
- Perform benefits administration duties including claims reconciliation and resolution and invoice approvals.
- Manage administration of Worker’s Compensation: providing training to staff, submitting documentation to insurance and communicating with supervisors and staff to provide status updates and set expectations
- Administer and manage leave and/or accommodations under the Family and Medical Leave Act, ADA and Short Term Disability
- Maintain employee files, file annual EEO-1 report
- Complete exit interviews and unemployment claims
- Serve as system admin and subject matter expert in HRIS system (ADP) performing routine tasks (onboarding, offboarding, generating reports, etc).
- Responsible for full cycle recruiting of all exempt and nonexempt positions: sourcing candidates and reviewing resumes, identifying qualified candidates and conducting initial screens, providing recommendations to hiring team, extending offers
- Serve as main point of contact with all candidates throughout the entire recruiting cycle, providing exemplary customer service at all times, ensuring an excellent candidate experience
- Partner with leadership to identify business needs for new positions, creating job descriptions and postings
- Continually evaluate recruiting processes and procedures to identify opportunities for improvement
- Manage the onboarding process to include background checks, onboarding paperwork and new employee orientation
- At least 5 years experience in a HR Business Partner or Manager role
- At least 2 years experience in full cycle recruiting
- Experience with HRIS systems (ADP experience preferred)
- HR Certification preferred: PHR/SPHR, SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP
- Knowledge of local/state/federal employee laws, regulations and best practices
- Valid Colorado Driver License with safe driving history