Eagle County Paramedic Services (ECPS) is seeking an experienced IT Systems Administrator to join our staff and help fulfill our mission of providing skilled, professional and compassionate healthcare to our community. Our team is not only highly skilled and professional but also has a passion for what we do. We value integrity in all we do, excellence and advocacy in patient care and professionalism at all times.
The IT Systems Administrator is responsible for Systems Administration and effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software, and related infrastructure. This is an often fast-paced role that requires critical thinking skills and a level head. This is a full time position based out of our Edwards office with regular weekly travel to our various stations throughout the county in a District- provided vehicle. This position will support, and manage an IT Support Analyst, and report to the CEO.
If you’re ready to start your career at ECPS, peruse the description below and submit your resume. We’re looking forward to meeting you.
What you need to be successful:
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills, with a focus on providing a high level of customer service
- High level of personal integrity, and the ability to professionally handle confidential matters and demonstrate the appropriate level of judgment and maturity.
- Good understanding of HIPAA compliance regulations and electronic protected health information (ePHI)
- High attention to detail
- Ability to troubleshoot and research possible solutions to technical problems
- High degree of independence and the ability to run a project with little direction
- Strong management, coaching, and mentoring skills
- Optimistic and helpful attitude: You want to be a team player and help out whenever possible
How we’ll keep you busy:
- Ensure systems hardware, operating systems, software systems are up to date, meet staff needs, and related procedures adhere to organizational goals and industry standards.
- Install new/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Research and provide recommendations on industry trends, potential threats, and long-term IT strategy.
- Engineering of SA-related solutions for various project and operational needs. Work with contractors to solve complex IT issues.
- Responsible for maintenance, documentation, and recommended upgrades of company communication systems including, but not limited to, phone system, phone service, ambulance communications, call center solutions, desk phones, wireless phones, company smart phones and tablets.
- Manage IT budget, working with CFO to forecast long-term budgetary needs and recommend necessary upgrades and maintenance.
- Establish and enforce IT Governance and related policies
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible, automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage resources and provide economies of scale.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure/add new services as necessary.
- Install, upgrade and configure systems such as IT infrastructure applications, Asset Management applications, or system software that supports GIS infrastructure applications or per operational needs.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Manage IT Support Analyst, overseeing their workload and performance, coaching and mentoring that individual and delegating additional responsibilities as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional Requirements and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or relevant vocational/certification preferred
- 5+ years experience in a comparable position, management experience preferred
- Experience with:
- WINDOWS OPERATING SYSTEMS
- APPLE/MAC OPERATING SYSTEMS
- GOOGLE WORKSPACE BUSINESS PRODUCTION SUITE
- MICROSOFT OFFICE SUITES
- WINDOWS SERVER OPERATING SYSTEM / ACTIVE DIRECTORY
- ADVANCED LAN/WAN NETWORKING
- o NETWORK FIREWALL / ROUTING TECHNOLOGY
- VPN TECHNOLOGIES
- ENTERPRISE WIRELESS NETWORKING
- MULTI-FACILITY ACCESS CONTROL SYSTEMS
- VoIP TELECOMMUNICATION SYSTEMS
- MULTIFUNCTION PRINTER/SCANNER/FAX
- Experience maintaining and troubleshooting desktops, laptops and mobile tablets (PC and Mac)
- Ability to work effectively with staff, providers, external agencies and the general public
- Ability to drive to all ECPS stations throughout the county as needed
Compensation and Benefits:
This is an exempt position with an annual salary between $75,000-$90,000 plus benefits including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, retirement, Short and Long Term Disability, and life insurance.